District Sales Manager - Territory 270
We are Your Experts in Plastics™. Since 1971, Asahi/America has been established as a legendary thermoplastic pipe, fittings, and valve brand that is unmistakable in the marketplace. The industry recognition of our brand today is a testament to the dedicated and passionate individuals working diligently behind the scenes, propelling Asahi/America to the forefront of high-quality brands in the industry. Join Asahi/America’s dynamic atmosphere, where the excitement is building within the performance plastics industry. Be a part of the ongoing innovations shaping the future of plastics.
From the products we manufacture to the processes we have in place; we are constantly looking for the leanest and most efficient manner to get the job done.
We are seeking individuals ready to dive in and actively contribute to shaping the future of innovation at Asahi/America. As a company, we prioritize the overall well-being of our employees, emphasizing a balanced approach where hard work is rewarded and complemented by a commitment to enjoying life outside of the office.
We are looking for problem solvers. Whether it's the products we manufacture or the dedicated service we provide to each customer, we are perpetually on the lookout for cutting-edge solutions to the challenges we encounter daily. If you are someone who thrives on finding answers and taking initiative, then this is the ideal place for you!
Asahi/America, Inc. is seeking a District Sales Manager for the territory of AR, LA, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL. The ideal candidate is required to live within the sales territory.
To plan, manage, and successfully execute all territory sales related goals and objectives as set forth by sales management. The district sales manager shall maintain and develop sales of all products within the Asahi America’s portfolio, to all accounts within assigned territory including specifiers in accordance with business plans (Territory will be in South Central States as listed above).
- Plan, prioritize, and manage all sales related activities and customer/prospect contacts towards achieving agreed business goals/budgets as set forth by sales management.
- Plan and manage business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed objectives.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities, tools and systems and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Plan, carry out and support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyze, report and administer according to systems and requirements.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- Adhere to health and safety policy and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the company’s ISO 9001 procedures and perform duties within the scope of these procedures.
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial sales position.
- Experience with industrial plastic pipe, valves, fittings, and related fabrication is desirable.
- Ideal candidate will have a degree in business or engineering discipline, with sales experience being a plus.
- Industrial B2B sales experience with responsibilities for multiple sales channels – direct, distribution, OEM, etc. preferred.
- Action oriented and a style conducive to teamwork.
- Desire to learn new things.
- Travel capability is required: up to 30% to 40% overnight within territory with occasional visits to corporate, etc.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Total compensation of salary and commissions for this position will be commensurate with experience and market value.
- BC/BS Health and dental insurance with deductible. Asahi America pays the first 75% of the deductible on the employee’s behalf.
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short /Long Term/ADD and Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match: Roth and Traditional. Fully Vested date of hire.
- Full auto, travel, and related business expenses.
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
Asahi/America Company Core Values & Overview:
Asahi/America is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential. Asahi/America is a drug free workplace; all employment offers are contingent upon the successful passing of a pre-employment drug screen.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, Asahi/America is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.