Type-23 Multiport™ True Union Ball Valve (1/2" - 6")
Type-23 Multiport™ plastic ball valves are three way ball valves with true union design. The use of a multiport ball valve simplifies piping and eliminates the need for an additional valve and tee fitting. A “L” ported ball valve permits flow from the bottom entry to either the left or right ports or to an OFF position. An optional tee ported ball allows simultaneous left and right flow versatile ball valves with two “branches” and one “leg”. Fluid flow direction is governed by an interchangeable ball in the center of the valve. Because this ball can be swapped out to offer a number of different flow patterns, the Type-23 Multiport™ valve is customizable to specific applications. Similar to other ball valves, the Type-23 Multiport™ valve has a low pressure drop and works best in applications with zero to very low concentrations of suspended solids. True union ball valves can be lifted from the line, without having to move the piping, simply by loosening the two union nuts. The valves can be disassembled, and parts may be replaced.The Type-23 Multiport™ valve may be pneumatically or electrically actuated.
- Single L-port (All sizes) – A single drilled L-port ball capable of diverting fluids through either the left or right branch with a 180º handle rotation. Also offers an "all off" position in the center where all ports are closed.
- Double L-port (All sizes) – A double drilled L-port ball capable of diverting fluids through either the left or right branch with a 90º handle rotation. Because of the drill pattern, one port is always open so there is no "all off" position.
- Triple L-port (All sizes) – A triple drilled L-port ball capable of diverting fluids through either the left or right branch with a 180 degree rotation. Also provides for an "all on" position where all ports are open.
- T-port (All sizes) – A "T" drilled ball capable of opening or closing all valve ports.
- Cross-port (1/2" – 2") – A proprietary ball capable of providing several different flow patterns using a 180º handle rotation.